THURSDAY TOP 10s: This one was Grammy nominated, and rightly so. Great song, nice pulp horror clip.
TWISTED TUESDAY: I think the music scene may have been getting him down.
METAL MONDAY: This 1992 song was penned about the lead singer of Mother Love Bone, Andrew Wood, who died of a heroin overdose a couple of years earlier.
SUNDAY SOUL: It doesn’t get much more soulful than Marvin Gaye, and this song was the sixth release off his classic album Let’s Get It On.
This episode we catch up with Jill Sobule, a massively respected musician with a great catalogue of songs under her belt. Jill talks about Joni Mitchell’s Court and Spark and we take the opportunity to talk a little about her own career and ongoing work.
Links from the show discussion:
How to listen:
- Right here: at the bottom of this post you will see a player – just click on play!
- Our full episode listing can be found here
- iTunes: go here to listen and subscribe (and a review would be appreciated as well!)
- Stitcher: go here to listen and subscribe
- TuneIn: go here to listen and subscribe
Talk to us!
We love to get your feedback, including whether you’d like to review / discuss an album yourself on the show. Here’s how:
- Contact us via the website
- Drop us a message via our Facebook page
- Send us a DM via Twitter
- Post a review of our work on iTunes
Finally – if you want to support two guys in their podcasting endeavours, we do have a Patreon page where you can sign up to support the show. For $1 a month you get access to a supporter only episode each year plus the warmth your soul feels for keeping this little podcast at break-even.