Nick Drake is a musician whose regard has continued to increase in the more than forty years since his untimely death. Australian singer and songwriter, Gyan, gives her thoughts on the impact Nick Drake and his work has had on her own life.
Our guest: Gyan – singer and songwriter
* Way To Blue was released as a compilation album in 1994, consisting of picks from Drake’s three albums and the posthumous rarities collection Time of No Reply. This album isn’t easily available anymore, but the compilation album called A Treasury contains nearly all of those songs and is the one linked to.
Links from the show discussion:
- Joe Boyd – producer
- John Martyn – a Nick Drake contemporary
- John Martyn – Solid Air
- Michael Leunig collaboration
- Beck and his father
- The Way To Blue tribute album
- Gyan interviews Rickie Lee Jones
How to listen:
- Right here: at the bottom of this post you will see a player – just click on play!
- Our full episode listing can be found here
- iTunes: go here to listen and subscribe (and a review would be appreciated as well!)
- Stitcher: go here to listen and subscribe
- TuneIn: go here to listen and subscribe
Talk to us!
We love to get your feedback, including whether you’d like to review / discuss an album yourself on the show. Here’s how:
- Contact us via the website
- Drop us a message via our Facebook page
- Send us a DM via Twitter
- Post a review of our work on iTunes
Finally – if you want to support two guys in their podcasting endeavours, we do have a Patreon page where you can sign up to support the show. For $1 a month you get access to a supporter only episode each year plus the warmth your soul feels for keeping this little podcast at break-even.