U2 are one of the best known bands in the world, and love them or hate them, they’ve had a huge impact on rock music over the past 41 years. We talk with US photographer and musician Ken Lee on U2’s 1984 release, The Unforgettable Fire. There also happens to be a great anecdote about meeting Jimmy Page!
Our guest: Ken Lee – photographer and musician
Links from the show discussion:
- Ken Lee – Bulgarian Music Idol
- The Joshua Tree National Park
- The Joshua Tree plaque
- Brian Eno
- Daniel Lanois
- The Making of The Unforgettable Fire documentary
- The Fairlight CMI
- Bono performs ‘Bad’ at Live Aid in 1985
- When U2 played without Adam Clayton (it was a hangover)
Note: David alludes to Bono talking about the band as a “four-legged table”. It was in fact The Edge who made that statement.
How to listen:
- Right here: at the bottom of this post you will see a player – just click on play!
- Our full episode listing can be found here
- iTunes: go here to listen and subscribe (and a review would be appreciated as well!)
- Stitcher: go here to listen and subscribe
- TuneIn: go here to listen and subscribe
Talk to us!
We love to get your feedback, including whether you’d like to review / discuss an album yourself on the show. Here’s how:
- Contact us via the website
- Drop us a message via our Facebook page
- Send us a DM via Twitter
- Post a review of our work on iTunes
Finally – if you want to support two guys in their podcasting endeavours, we do have a Patreon page where you can sign up to support the show. For $1 a month you get access to a supporter only episode each year plus the warmth your soul feels for keeping this little podcast at break-even.